The Elderly Want to Have Some Style Too!
Fashion products for babies are big business. Children’s clothing? Even bigger. The preteen and teenager fashion market is massive, as is the young adult market. There is one demographic, however, that is conspicuously absent from the fashion world: senior citizens. You won’t find a large department store section devoted to elderly fashion, and the mall is not filled with life-sized photographs of seniors wearing the newest styles. Why not? The more you think about the question, the more puzzling it becomes. There is a movement to change this state of things, and one lady nicknamed “Granny Jo” is at the forefront of it.
Fed Up with Purely Utilitarian Devices
Granny Jo, like many of us, was put off by the drab, dull-colored appearance of many of the items that seniors use to make life easier. The hospital is filled with these purely functional items, and many seniors don’t like the idea of filling their homes with them as well. But right now, they usually don’t have a choice. Walkers and wheelchairs, for example, don’t exactly come in a variety of attractive shapes and styles. If Granny Jo has her way, though, fashion designers will start to see the potential for a walker to be a statement about personality and not just a tool used to get around. After all, a purse is a functional item too, but no style-conscious lady would carry around a drab, beige-colored sack.
Dressing Things Up a Bit
To get the ball rolling and exercise her entrepreneurial spirit, Granny Jo started her own company to provide senior products that are unique and fun. So far, she’s put out great-looking walker bags, napkin clips, and even oxygen tank covers that really make a statement. The elderly seem to love them, and the business has more requests than it can handle. Granny Jo sees this response as an indication that seniors want to look good when they go out, and she hopes that more senior style products will soon be available.
An Eye for Invention
Granny Jo’s products are more than just style, though. Items like her double-handled mug are incredibly useful to seniors while continuing her commitment to style and fun. There’s a lesson in that particular invention for many of us: the idea came from spending time with her elderly mother in law and observing her difficulty managing a standard teacup. Who knows what great idea could come out of your interaction with a senior loved one?
The idea of providing seniors with great-looking fashion products is an outgrowth of respect, love, compassion, and admiration for the elderly people in our lives. Those are qualities that we should all have for our seniors, and we enjoy making them core values of our caregiving services.
You’re Not Alone! Caring, Consistent, Dependable Help Is Just A Phone Call Away
Wouldn’t you prefer to have help from an in-home care provider who believes that the needs of others come first? Here, older adults and their families can navigate through the next steps in aging with expert care and advice while enjoying The Servant’s Heart Difference.
Whether it’s providing in-home caregivers so that your loved ones can remain at home with trustworthy home care or professional geriatric care managers to assist your family in working through difficult situations, we help you discover new solutions, find the support that you need and provide a better tomorrow for you and your family.
Call Us at 1-800-777-4750 - Available 24 x 7 for Emergencies!
Photo by tehusagent
The Way That You Would Do It If You Could Be There
Certified by CAHSAH, the California Association for Health Services at Home
Accredited A+ by the Better Business Bureau
Providing In-Home Caregivers for San Diego County Seniors Since 2003
Over 50,000 Caregiver Visits Performed For Hundreds of Clients
A Servant’s Heart Escondido
It’s never easy to find a qualified, compassionate caregiver in Escondido. A Servant’s Heart Care Solutions, Inc. has the answer for all your caregiver needs. A Servant’s Heart can supply you with the best caregivers available in the Escondido area; offering a variety of homecare services that are specific to your particular needs. Our caregivers love their jobs and knowing that you have someone who loves what they’re doing makes a world of difference. We take the time to do regular checks on each of our caregivers to ensure that they’re not only timely, but doing things the way you want because quality service with our caregivers is a priority with A Servant’s Heart.
Here are some of the caregiver services we can offer:
- Homecare – various aspects of homecare, including reminding the client to take their prescriptions, hygiene assistance, and more.
- Transportation –don’t feel cooped up at home simply because you can’t drive! Let us take you around to your appointments and errands. Nobody should feel trapped in their own home, whether it’s due to a temporary or permanent disability. If you have a loved one that relies upon you to take them to and from appointments, taking you away from work or everyday activities we can help! Don’t miss anymore work; instead let us provide your loved one with safe and timely transportation to and from their appointments.
- Light Housekeeping – Light housekeeping chores such as dusting, running the vacuum and sweeping can keep your home looking kept up and presentable. Whether it’s a temporary situation that has left you feeling “behind” in regular housekeeping chores or an ongoing problem, we can offer regular assistance.
- Meal Preparations – Offering meal preparation for those no longer able to cook or to ensure that your loved one has regular meals offered and ready for them; we can provide meal preparation services as part of our caregiver services. This is a favorite service of those who are worried about a loved one who is diabetic or noticing that your loved one isn’t eating like they should.
- Companionship Visits – A Servant’s Heart caregivers take the term “care” to heart. Companionship visits are a time of bonding between our caregiver and your loved one. It can entail simply enjoying conversation or playing a game; watching a favorite program together or sharing interests that your loved one has. The idea is to provide someone to be there with your loved one in case they need anything or you simply need to ensure they’re safe inside your Escondido home. This service is exceptionally useful for constant caregivers of someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia and simply need a few hours for themselves.
Give us a call today for a free consultation. We can determine what type of caregiver services you are in need of in your Escondido home and help you get any paperwork started to get your insurance or other payers to provide the finances for the services needed. A Servant’s Heart Care Solutions, Inc. truly provides caregivers with a heart to serve in your Escondido home.